Gomba 0.15 October 25, 2014Posted by Andor Saga in Game Development, Open Source, Processing, Processing.js.
add a comment
I’m releasing a 0.15 version of Gomba, a component-based Processing platform game. I’m trying to be consistent about releases, so that means making a release every 4 weeks. I didn’t get everything I wanted into this release, so it’s not quite a 0.2. In any event, here are some of the changes that did make it in:
– Added platforms!
– Added audio channels for sound manager
– Many of the same component type can now be added to a gameobject
– Added goombas & squashing functionality
– Added functionality to punch bricks
– Fixed requestAnimationFrame issue for smoother graphics
I’m excited that I now have a sprite that can actually jump on things. But adding this functionality also introduced a bunch of bugs I now have to address. I have a list of issues I’m going to be tackling for the next 4 weeks, which should be fun.